The VMS ONE Microphone Preamplifier is fully linear and totally transparent with impeccable phase response designed to be used with the VMS Modeling system. It is also capable of standalone operation.
- 57 dB maximum gain
- -2dBu in max input level without pad
- +18dBu maximum input level with pad
- +27dBu max output
- -30 in = +27 out with full gain
- -30 in adjusted to +4 out, noise below –100dBu
The VMS ONE has controls for output volume, pad, phase, mic / line input selection, and phantom power. It also has an power on / off switch.
- Adjusts the gain of the microphone preamp.
- Note that it is not an output fader.
- Smooth reverse-log taper.
Switches in a -20db input pad to prevent overloading the input circuitry.
Flips the output phase referenced to positive pressure on the diaphragm.
Mic / Inst Selector
Selects either the mic input (XLR) or the inst input (TRS) to the mic pre. Both connectors are available on the back panel via a combo jack.
Provides +48v for powering condenser microphones or other equipment.
On / Off switch
Applies power (or doesn’t) to the mic pre circuit.
Frequency Response & THD