Proximity effect is largely created in the physical world. The physical dimensions of the microphone capsule and the sound source’s proximity to it are what create proximity effect, not the mic’s capsule or electronics. The ML-1 1-inch capsule accurately reflects the proximity effect created in other microphones and does not require additional modeling to do so.
Articles in this section
- Can I use a hardware compressor after the VMS-1?
- Can I use the microphone or preamplifier separately?
- How does my ADC affect the VMS?
- How does the VMS handle proximity effect?
- I am getting a lot of sibilance or high-end distortion from my VMS System
- I feel like the level is too low in my DAW.
- I have really expensive, super hi-fidelity cabling. How does this affect the VMS system?
- I have the gain knob all the way down and the signal is loud and distorting!
- I need more details about the power supply and it's connections.
- SLA-PSU VMS ONE Power Supply Specifications