In this article we'll show you how to download and install the VRS8 software and Drivers.
- Install the PCie card into a free slot on the computer
- Connect a HDMI cable from the PCie card into the back of the VRS8
- Download the latest VRS8 Windows installer here: VRS Windows Driver
- Install the VRS8 Driver and the VRS8 Helper.
The VRS8 Helper will cut off the WDM audio driver when any DAW is open.
User can also manually shut off the audio driver in the Device Manger and right click the VRS Audio option and select "Disable". Closing the WDM VRS8 Audio driver will help performance and allow users to change the bufferer settings in the DAW without conflict from other open applications.
- Restart the computer and confirm the VRS is connect. User will hear and see the unit click over two times, this confirms the PCIe card and the VRS8 are in sync.
- Turn off "Sleep" settings as this will disconnect the PCie device and VRS8 will not work on wake.
- Open the DAW and set the Audio Driver to the VRS8.